Writer, educator, director, composer, lyricist, performer, pianist, choreographer.
A few current professional assignments (more in the site!):
– (2017-2019) Being Black Enough, a feature film Steven story edited, won the Audience Award at the Dances With Films festival in Los Angeles. The movie has received distribution, IS CURRENTLY showing on Amazon Prime, and is available on DVD at Barnes & Noble, Best Buy and Walmart.
-(2018) A new musical adapted from his short story of the same name, Snowflake, has been authored. (Book, music and lyrics by Steven.) The entire score has been fully orchestrated and recorded and can be heard here. The show was presented as a professional reading.
– (2018) Steven completed new key courses for Steps, including a Free course every student ages 7-up should do. Download your copy here.
– (2018) A “super collection” of short stories (three complete collections, numbers 7-8-9, tied together by a theme) has been completed, Autumn Stories. For info, contact Steven.
-(2017) Steven started a series of short talks on creative writing, starting with how to write lyrics. Take a look at the first brief talk!
-(2017) Steven started a series of talks about education and homeschooling. Take a look at the first talk about education!
-(2017) Steven completed the fully orchestrated demo recording of his musical, The Wheel Turns. Hear it here.
-(2017) Steven recorded a full demo for his children’s TV musical series, The Royal Troubadour’s Song.
– (2017) Steven has authored pilots and bibles for four new TV series concepts.
– (2017) Collection number six of short stories is complete. Hums The Words consists of 17 short stories inspired by the author’s favorite songs.
– (2017) Steven was hired to author the first draft of a feature film, Kyle’s Killer Song, now completed.
– (2017) Optioned to You Did It! Productions (they’ve produced many films, including co-producing the Oscar winner Monster) two feature screenplays, Start Again, and A Christmas Carol Relapse.